- Brett A. Maple, 48, of Newton was charged with possession of methamphetamine after police came upon vehicle at 8:29 p.m. Wednesday in the 300 block of West 9th Street South with the driver's door open and a male passed out behind the wheel with the keys to the car in his lap. Officers were granted consent to search Maple's pockets at which time they found two baggies containing what appeared to be approximately one gram of methamphetamine. Maple admitted the container with the baggies was in his possession but "denied knowing how it got there. He was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
- Angela C. Dydell, 33, of Newton was charged with serious domestic assault and interference with official acts after police were called to a residence in the 900 block of West Fourth Street South at 11:48 a.m. Thursday on a report of a domestic fight in progress. Upon arrival, police observed a male walking in front of the home without a shirt and a female yelling at him from the front door. The male had scratches on his chest and a bloody scratch on his lower torso. He told police that his wife had broken windows in the house and pushed and hit him. At that time, Dydell slammed the front door closed and refused to comply with repeated requests to open the door. Eventually, she opened a sliding door officers were trying to access at which time they said she was under arrest and attempted to handcuff her. She began to push and pull away and had to be taken to the ground to be secured. She was taken to the Jasper County Jail without further incident.
- Ross R. Wadzinski, 26, of Newton was charged with third degree burglary, possession of a prescription drug without a prescription and possession of drug paraphernalia after police were called to a residence in the 700 block of West 12th Street South at 6:10 p.m. Saturday on a report that he had broken into his parents' deadbolt locked bedroom and taken his mother's morphine from a safe. Upon arrival, police located him in the basement where the observed needle and spoon containing a milky white substance. He was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
- Ashley R. Kibbee, 21, of Newton was charged with second degree theft following a police investigation into a theft report from the Kum N Go store at 1708 S. 8th Ave. E. Loss prevention at Kum N Go told police that an unusual amount of customer returns valued at $1,274.97 had occurred during her shifts at the store from early October through early November. Security video allegedly showed Kibbee working behind the counter when two other suspects acting as customers took DVDs and video games from shelves and returned the to Kibbee. The items were never purchased and she is alleged to have processed the items as returns and then handed the money to the other suspects, the complaint states. The investigation is ongoing. Kibbee was released to appear on Dec. 10.
- Jordan W. Sedlock, 23, of Grinnell was picked up on a warrant for violation of probation on drug charges at 10:35 a.m. Friday at the Adult Probation office in Newton. He was taken to the Jasper County Jail.
- Sidney A. Noe, 43, of Newton was cited for driving while license suspended after police stopped her at 4:20 p.m. Wednesday in the 400 block of South Third Avenue East knowing she was under suspension. She was released to appear.